Monday, May 5, 2008


Hmmm... first blog post. So I thought I’d go to Starbucks to pass a few hours... Drink some coffee, have some breakfast (brunch?) and post my first non-Charleston based blog. Well, I asked the barista for the username and password (like at Taylors...you buy a cup of coffee and get free wireless internet) She looked at me like I was an idiot and told me that I had to be a “subscriber”...in other words, nothing is free (or stealable, with regard to wireless internet) in big cities. Especially in a Starbucks. Just paid $3.00 for a medium coffee and a scone the size of my pinky finger.

Am looking forward to cheap rice and beans.

So here I am in the room...they don't have wireless either (what? it's a holiday inn!) but they do have an ethernet port. Who carries an ethernet cable with them?? I do. I totally brought one. I'm sure in a few days internet will seem a little more like a privilege than a standard commodity.

So... I'm hoping my roommate gets here soon. I was thinking maybe she'd want to get some lunch or something. It'd be fun to meet some people before staging starts, but I don't really feel like sitting in the lobby like a bump on a stump.

....Worn out but having fun.
xoxo
elizabeth

No comments: