Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Still alive

Something about this heat just adds a sense of urgency to everything I do here, unless I'm sitting on a hammock in front of a fan. Every time I go to the internet cafe, I only focus on the most imperative to-do items and then get the heck out. It doesn't leave me much time to think of interesting blog entries.
So here I am, in the air-conditioned Peace Corps office, still in a hurry because I have a bus to catch back to Chinandega here in about an hour.
In recent news, I moved! No longer live in the same teepee. My landlady's grandaughter and her boyfriend broke into my house and stole my laptop, iPod, digital camera, electronic dictionary that I forgot I had, and the corresponding chargers (good move). With the help of the police, I got all my stuff back. And they figured out who it was because of a footprint the dude left on my back door when he kicked it down! It was like CSI Nicaragua style...
So, every cloud has a silver lining it seems. I found a house that actually has a drop ceiling as well as a zinc roof (I only had a zinc roof before). And my new landlady lives next door and she's REALLY nice. I couldn't ask for more.
So, who's coming down to visit? I've got more space than before and a double bed and a cot! Enticing, right? :)

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Lisa Manning Deakins said...

Hey Elizabeth! What is your new address??
Lisa (Manning) Deakins

elizabeth said...

My address is the same:

Elizabeth Slack
Apartado Postal 115
Chinandega, Chinandega
Nicaragua
Central America